paraphrased from those who are changing the world
With your support, our neighbors in need will gain access to nutritious food and hope for a better future.
IT IS NOW POSSIBLE FOR YOU, YES YOU, TO BRING HOPE THROUGH THE SPIRIT OF WELLNESS FAMILY SPONSORSHIP PROGRAM.
For less than $10.00 per week, you (or your friends, sports team, or work group) can sponsor an entire family’s supply of food staples, fresh produce and hygiene products twice a month at the Olón Foodbank.
HOW IT WORKS
1. You agree to sponsor a family with your monthly donation of $35.00.
2. A pre-approved family on the waitlist will be invited to become a beneficiary as soon as Spirit of Wellness receives sponsorship commitments to cover the purchase of food for a minimum of 12 months to a single family. Annual sponsorship does not need to come from a single source. Spirit of Wellness will aggregate donations and once the annual support of level of $420.00 is reached, a family will be removed from the waitlist.
3. Financial commitment can be made via PayPal through the website or, for those who reside in the Olón community, via cash or venmo directly to a volunteer. Donation receipts will be provided. Spirit of Wellness is a US-based 501 c 3 tax-exempt organization.
Sponsorship is an opportunity for you to make a difference in the lives of families impacted by food insecurity.
It only costs about a dollar per day ($35 month) to ensure that a family has life changing access to nutritional food on a regular basis.
Through the Spirit of Wellness Olón Foodbank’s distribution program, you are assured that your donation is being used responsibly. All donations go directly to the purchase of staples to ensure that the most vulnerable members of the community are receiving regular deliveries of nutritious food and a selection of basic hygiene items.
· A quarterly newsletter describing the work being done through Spirit of Wellness which includes the Foodbank, English lessons, wellness checks and a Fanzine
· An open invitation to visit the Foodbank to meet the beneficiaries on distribution day
For those of you who do not live in the area, a visit to Ecuador can be a life-changing experience. If you are interested, please drop us a line via email or whatsapp. We’d love to chat with you about our own life changing experiences here in Ecuador and share information about a how to plan a visit.
· A quarterly newsletter describing the work being done through Spirit of Wellness which includes the Foodbank, English lessons, wellness checks and a Fanzine.
· A dependable nutritious and balanced supply of staple food which includes fresh produce and much needed personal/household hygiene items on the first and third Monday of each month.
· The knowledge that they are valued and respected members of society worthy of support from neighbors both near and far.
· The opportunity to live, learn and pursue employment without the strain of food insecurity.
12 months of food and hygiene supplies for an entire family
9 months of food and hygiene supplies for an entire family
6 months of food and hygiene supplies for an entire family
3 months of food and hygiene supplies for an entire family
1 month of food and hygiene supplies for an entire family
For $22.00, less than the cost of a dinner for two at a modest restaurant, you can provide a carton of eggs for every family on distribution day.
For $34.00, the average cost of night out at the movies for two adults, you can provide enough household sanitation to disinfect 25 homes for an entire month.
For $60.00, the price one pays to enjoy an average lunch at a fancy beachside restaurant, you can provide rice for an entire month for 22 families.
For $80.00, the cost of a casual round of drinks for a few friends, you can provide produce for all 22 families during 4 distribution sessions.
For $100.00, the cost of a small off ice pizza party, you can provide cans of protein filled tuna for all families for two months.
Your support and contributions will enable us to ensure that Esmeralda's Family, and others like her, will not face food insecurity.